Long Live The Streak
05 December 2011
The Ultimate Question
Today was day 42 of my streak. Naturally I assumed when I went out for my run this afternoon I would return knowing the the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. Well, not the answer, everybody knows that, what I hoped to learn was what was the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. Things went well. It was a lovely afternoon today, clear, calm, and about 4°F when I headed out with a co-worker, a fellow streaker. We headed out for the "Feather Ridge 2.5" mile route, decided to veer off on the "pi" route, a 3.14 mile route, and then again took another turn to run the "Bernice 4" route (now known as the "6 X 9" route). Running a bit faster than normal in the chill air the small talk slowly gave way to a wonderful transcendence I didn't want to end. Unfortunately time didn't permit another detour and we returned to the plant site and back to our normal plane of existence. We were stronger, a little colder, and wiser. I'd tell you what we discovered, what the question is, but then you would have no reason to start you own streak, would you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What is the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker [or streaker] can have?
ReplyDeleteBut are you still streaking if you're wearing a towel?
ReplyDelete