- I completed my first triathlon in June, the 2009 Loveland Lake to Lake Triathlon (1.5K swim, 30 mile bike, 10K run). I had a great time and a whole bunch of things go wrong.
- After a year of intimidated lurking I finally went out and ran with the Fort Collins Trail Runners. Why did I wait so long? My trail running has blossomed since then.
- I climbed two 14'ers last summer, Kit Carson Peak and Mount of the Holy Cross. Both were big days but Kit Carson was especially epic.
- I ran the Blue Sky Marathon in October, posting my first DNF, at mile 22. Definitely a story for another post.
- I spent the better part of the winter, Oct-Jan, fighting through hip/ITB injuries and pain. I became well acquainted with the foam roller, stretching, hip exercises, pain, and frustration.
- I've signed up and started training for my first ultra, the Devil's Lake Dances With Dirt 50K on 10 July in my home state of Wisconsin. Training is going well I think. My long run is up to 22 miles, all on the trail. I am 9 weeks out and my upcoming training includes two 24 and two 26 mile long runs.
- I am obviously not in love with swimming, I haven't been in the water since the triathlon last June. My cycling has fallen off quite a bit too. I enjoy the cycling but have been running 5 days a week.
Now playing: Dire Straits - Money for Nothing